Recently moved WordPress from a sub-folder called “/blog” to the root of the site. Jimiz was recently set as jimiz.net/blog and it is now jimiz.net. I have been thinking of doing this for a year or so, just did not want to take the effort to modify all the links. I finally took the challenge and made the change.
The site is still catching up, things like Google links and rss feeds are throwing 404 errors but I am addressing them as they come. I followed the following guide http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress. It helped address permalinks and how to correct posts. A big challenge I had was related to the navigation and existing links.
I used the search and replace plugin and also a 404 notification plugin to let me know what pages had issues.